Monday 23 January 2012

Dream Him, Dream Him Well

I expected my lover, to be the friend I always hoped for
I expected my lover to be the guy who loves for who I am
I expected too much
I expected just enough
I expected perfection in the eyes of a man who could see my imperfections
and still see me

I forgot to dream him (up) perfectly
I forgot to dream his chiseled features
I forgot to build him like a myth
I forgot to make his voice chocolate smooth
and thick
I forgot to dream harder
Scream louder

As I chanted for a man to love me
I forgot about him
As I focused on me
I forgot about his looks
I forgot about the books, the code of a perfect man
I forgot about just everything this world could ever offer
I forgot to make him
I forgot
I forgot I forgot I forgot
To make him perfect

So here stands six feet and four delicate inches
Of a man
Who sees me for so much more than I can see in my self
With all the stuffings of an emotionally insecure being.



(c) Shaziane

No comments:

Post a Comment