Tuesday 19 June 2012

Alzheimer's (The Thief)

I pray that everyday you wake
You remember the night before
That every morning is beautiful to you
Though different
I pray for utter happiness for you
My love, I pray this thief
Loses his all, I pray that every family finds
Peace, in his loss
I pray that every soul thrown to the wind returns in memory
I pray that tomorrow you'll wake
And, calling my name know who I am.
I pray to lose this forgetful child
And to gain the arrogant (bastard) I married
I'll stay, but know
This is not the life I signed for
This isn't the torment I intended to live
Or the pain I intended to sustain
This is not the angry bruise of forgetfullness I intended to gain
This is not my wintery torment of a memory
So I pray dearly for summer's return
With it's frozen nights

(c) Shaziane

No comments:

Post a Comment