Thursday 27 June 2013

In Memoriam Ishmel Alexander

Don't write me a love song today or tomorrow.
I need you here with me during my sorrow.
I don't need to be told how unfortunate this is
Just listen as my tears fall,
And watch as my smile leaves me hollow.
Don't call and expect me to laugh and lie when
I feel like I'm dying inside.
All you need to do is call and be kind...

I don't know how this is going to go
I don't know how I'm coping but I'm here
So let's start from there

Sadness reduces my smile
to an indent of sniffing
Disbelief induces a look of
being elsewhere
And being here helps to
hold me together
So just stay, just stay by my side
So...just stay,
by...my...side...

I miss my Daddy more than you know. His beliefs were the ones I stood on each day as I attacked the lies of this world. His wishes inspired me to soar higher. His voice propelled me to a place where only dreams exist and I've been living there for so long and now I'm falling back to reality while trying to keep him alive and I only need your prayers to help me.

(c) Shaziane


No comments:

Post a Comment