Saturday 23 November 2013

Thankfully

Burdened with unyielding cares
Depressed and trodden by uneasy fears
My walk grows longer everyday
And daily though I raise my head
It never seems high enough to call

Deeper and deeper my fall becomes
As minutes float by in my worsening situation
But thankfully
Father knows the very best
And thankfully
He cares for my unlikely woes

Thankfully
At the slightest call He's here

Day by day I go on
Without answering His call
But when I'm in danger
He's there
Thankfully
He loves me

Thankfully
He understands where I am
He understands who I am
And at the slightest opening of my heart
His voice enters with encouragement
None other can impart

Thankfully
He is the One and Only

Thankfully
He sacrificed Himself for me

Without that hope I know not
Where, Who, or What I would be
But thankfully
The Creator of the Universe
Thought my addition, good

So thankfully
I'm here with cause and purpose
With an attitude of
Thanks, faith, and grace
To the Holy Father, and my fellow man
I must continue onwards
In the words God has laid on me
With my mind on Him only
Thankfully

The chances I've received
Have brought me more understanding of His love
And thankfully
It is an everlasting love

Prayerfully, Father
I thank you
For loving me

(C) Shaziane

No comments:

Post a Comment